Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Russian Welcome ...

Hi everybody and thanks for visiting my brand new Loretta's Kitchen blog. I thought I would share some of my favourite recipes with you all, and would love to hear any feed back or suggestion from you . As a foodie I think it's wonderful to be able to share recipes from around the world and hope that this blog will inspire others to cook beautiful home made food made with real whole foods and real flavour.

All of my recipes have a you tube video available so you can see step by step how to make them (I always find it easier when I see somebody make a recipe rather than just reading one), and I have a facebook page you can follow where I put heaps of handy tips at www.facebook.com/LorettasKitchen

So... on to the recipes:

I'm going to start my Blog with one of my favourite's

THE RUSSIAN SALAD

Also known as the Olivier Salad, a popular dish traditionally served with meat cooked on a spit, or BBQ meat on New Years Eve in Russia. This moist potato and vegetable salad is a great alternative to a plain potato salad.

To view the video on how to make this please clicking the link below:
http://youtu.be/-6J1SDSTZ3s
            

Ingredients: (serves 8-10)

5 Large Potatoes
3 Large Carrots
2 Cups of Peas
4 Eggs
200g Ham
2 Spring Onions
8-10 Dill Pickles
Salt 1 Cup Whole Egg Mayonnaise

Method:

1. Peel & cube the potatoes and carrots & put in pot.
2. Add Frozen Peas & Eggs to the pot and add just enough boiling water to cover, the boil for 8-10 minutes
3. Remove eggs, Strain mixture and cool.
4. Dice up Ham, Onions and Pickles & Egg & add the cooled vegetable mixture.
5. Add Mayo and Salt and stir through

No comments:

Post a Comment